datajs response data structure

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hey guys,

is there some documentation about how the response data I get from datajs is structured? For example how is an entry, a link, properties,... provided by datajs?

Are there any differences between JSON and ATOM/XML responses? (I realized that some XML/ATom services provide metadata in their response and that is then also available in datajs).

In which structure is the metadata provided? As I realized it is provided if available in the __metadata properties.

Additionally it would be nice that if I read the metadata first and then make a request with handing over this metadata that in the response I can also see the metadata. This is currently only the case if the server provides metadata in the ATOM/XML response document which is optional and not every server does this. Especially when using JSON there is no metadata included in the datajs response object also if I handed over the metadata in the request myself.

Thanks.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Hi Ironmanager

Hope you are doing great.  We just uploaded (and linked to the documentation page) a new wiki page detailing the intermediate representation used by the library. 

Thanks

Alex Trigo.